Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby card

Today I am going to show a baby card I made for my friend who just had a baby girl!  The Cricut Cartridge Spotlight is postponed until tomorrow since I got a little behind because of the weekend I had.


This was actually really fun for me to make since this was the first girlie thing I got to create!!  I have 2 boys, the boys cousins are boys and my friend's other child is a boy!  Lots of testosterone around here!


All products are Stampin' Up!
Dimensions: cut at 5.5x8.5, scored at 4.25; top layer (pink) is 5.25x4
Paper: whisper white cardstock, pretty in pink cardstock, melon mambo cardstock
Ink: Staz On black, pretty in pink classic, melon mambo classic
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Priceless
Other: melon mambo stampin' write marker, melon mambo .5" grosgrain ribbon, 1.25" square punch, scallop border punch, dimensionals

1. cut and score main card base
2. cut pink top layer and use scallop border punch on the bottom
3. stamped stroller image on whisper white with StazOn and colored it in with marker; stamped flowers on whisper white with classic ink
4. cut the stroller out to size of the image, punch out the flowers with the square punch
5. adhere those images on top of melon mambo cardstock - 1/8" border on all sides
6. used dimensionals to adhere the images to the pink cardstock
7. tie the ribbon around the pink layer cardstock (used the fake bow method for this one)
8. adhere the pink layer on top of the whisper white base
9. stamp the sentiment on the bottom below the scallop border

I'm also pretty excited because I am making her a first year scrapbook and I can't tell you how nice it is to work with other "girly" colors!  My pink papers are finally getting used!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin