Friday, August 28, 2009

Lime Meltaways

No crafty stuff today, but I do have some yummy baking goodness! I finally had the urge to bake yesterday after a long break from my beloved stand mixer. I have always wanted to try the Lime Meltaway cookies from the Martha Stewart's Cookies book. I've never had lime in a cookie and since we are approaching the end of citrus season and the limes were on sale I thought now would finally be a good time to bake them!

It was hard to get a decent picture of these, so I apologize for that! Not only are these simple to make, but they are pretty darn tasty! They don't have a strong lime flavor but when you bite into the cookie you do get that hint of lime.


They are also very tender, almost like they can melt in your mouth. Basically you put the dough together, roll it into a log, and then refrigerate it for awhile to chill. Then after about an hour, you cut the logs into 1/4" thick cookies and bake! Once they cool for about 8 minutes you just shake them in some confectioners' sugar.

Ahhh, it felt good to bake again. I have so many recipes I want to try out and I just keep finding more. At least we are approaching fall, and I usually start baking more once the weather turns cooler. My boys also love it when i start baking more...


This was my first attempt at taking the picture, and the little munchkin had to get into the picture to get a closer look. All the while asking me when he was able to get a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin