Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Then and Now

In an effort to get this blog going I am not above embarrassing myself. Since I started scrapbooking trends and styles have changed and so has my own personal style. I would say that I mainly fall into the clean line, semi-simple style, but I love to add a bit more to certain layouts that call for it. So I thought it would be fun to show some of my very first layouts and then others in between leading up to today. Are you ready to laugh? That's ok, you are laughing with me, not at me...right?

My first "official" scrapbook was a heritage album I did for my dad of his family. He is the 7th sibling of 4 sisters and 2 brothers. These are just 2 of the pages from the album. Achoo! Can you say sticker sneeze? And what's with the pictures cut into all different shapes and just plopped on the page?

My next project was from Las Vegas vacation. I thought I would give 8 1/2 x 11 a try and see how I liked working with the smaller style. I also incorporated more patterened papers. Remember those really bold and bright ones? I found the smaller size was too limiting for me because I wanted to add so many more pictures.


So from there I found colorblocking:


Becky Higgins sketches:


patterned paper layering and trying not to be so linear:



I started doing some digital pages and albums:


and here is one of my latest that I just did recently, although the pictures are from 2006:


I have gone from doing 1 album at a time from start to finish to working on whatever layout strikes my fancy at that moment. I find that I use sketches a lot since I seem to have a lot of problems with photo placement and I just LOVE sketches. Now I am trying to incorporate more techniques into my pages.

Well, thanks for taking a stroll down memory lane with me and hopefully I'm not the only one with those just starting out layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin