Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Besides my sons, the two greatest men in my life are my dad and my husband. Both are wonderful fathers and I would like to wish them both a Happy Father's Day!

ETA: I was also blessed to have a wonderful step-father as well. He treated me as if I were his own daughter. I just wanted to acknowledge that on this Father's Day as well. I miss him everyday.

I asked the boys a couple of questions about their dad and their answers had me laughing! I had all intentions of making into a gift for him, but never got to finish it. I'll get to it...hopefully before next Father's Day! I hope you don't mind me sharing!

Q: What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
B: go outside and play
C: build a city (out of his train set)

Q: Why do you love Daddy?
B: because I love playing with him
C: because he's so funny

Q: How do you know Daddy loves you?
B: because he likes playing with me (seeing a pattern here!)
C: because he's too funny

Q: What is one things that Daddy says to you all the time?
B: would you come play with me?
C: let's clean up

Q: What is one thing you want to say to Daddy?
B: fix dump trucks
C: go to Toys R Us

Q: What makes Daddy so special?
B: he likes to go to restaurants to eat
C: he plays with us

Q: What do you think makes Daddy happy?
B: he likes going hiking (which really is "hiking" up the stairs)
C: eating dinner

For my contribution I made him this card, which is not even finished. I started working on it then the boys decided they wanted to go upstairs (my scrap room is with their playroom on our bottom floor - we have 3 levels) and I never got a chance to go back and finish it. It is very simple and very plain, but that fits my husband just fine - no frills and dark colors.


The boys wanted to build Daddy a present so they built these out of blocks:

The one on the left is a fast machine and the one on the right is a rocket ship with it's docking station...and actually when I took this picture I didn't realize that the rocket ship part was missing.

My husband is also a self proclaimed chocoholic! So it wouldn't be a special day for him without baking him something chocolatey. For me, I LOVE the combination of peanut butter and chocolate so it was a no brainer to make these Peanut Butter Bars. I made some changes based on the reviews and they were very yummy!

Plus it finally didn't rain today so the boys were able to play outside for a while! So all in all I would have to say we had a great Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin