Wednesday, June 24, 2009

All the way from Bikini Bottom

He lives in a pineapple under the sea...Spongebob Squarepants! I got this cartridge a couple weeks ago but was just able to play with it now. I never thought I would be interested in Spongebob, but somehow my boys got into it and think he's a hoot! I know they don't really *get* a lot of the jokes, but they think he's just an upbeat little sponge who has a funny laugh and enjoys making crabby patties. Mommy's favorite, however, is this little guy...Gary! Who would think a snail can meow and purr like a cat?
For my husband's birthday the boys wanted him to have a Spongebob birthday, so once again I had to improvise since there was no Spongebob cartridge at that time. Gee, I think I am beginning to see a pattern here...theme birthday in our household first, Cricut cartridge comes out later that year! I didn't go all out like I usually do for the boys birthday, but I did want to make them happy. So I found some free clipart online, printed it out, cut it out, glued it on sticks and stuck it in the cake. I also made the boys little puppets with some of the cutouts and they had a blast with those.



The rest of the gang from Bikini Bottom will have to join us next time since I haven't had a lot of time to play around. Most of my time lately has been spent getting ready for a much needed vacation, which also happens to be when I will get to see my mom! As for Spongebob and Gary, they will be relocating to my sons' room and will be anxiously awaiting their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin