Sunday, February 21, 2010

This past Valentine's Day my mom offered me a great oppurtunity!  She manages a very cute bed and breakfast and they were having a special valentine package for their guests.  She had certain ideas on what she wanted to do and asked me to help her out in creating a few things.  I got to work right away!

One of the things that she wanted was a way to package up some truffles that she can put out for the guests.  After cleaning out a closet I found a box of little favor boxes from my wedding almost 10 years ago!!  They were perfect to use for the truffles, but they definitely needed a bit of decorating.

The first idea I had was to put a band of patterened paper around the outside of the box.  I searched my stash and found some that would work perfectly. 


I also created a circle to go over where the paper meets, that way you can't see the seam


I used a stamp from SU! with versamark ink and clear embossing powder, then I spritzed the paper with some Glimmer Mist.

Once that was done I needed to work on the tops because it was way too plain!


I took plain black cardstock embossed with an embossing folder.  Layered on top was a cut from Storybook Cricut cartridge, which was then sprayed with Glimmer Mist (will need to go read my notes to find out the color).  The heart is also from Storybook, and the L is for Love is a SU! stamp.




Another request was a little valentine greeting card to leave in their rooms.


I did 5 cards each of 4 designs and colors.


Items used:
cardstock: whisper white, rich razzleberry, dusty durango, crushed curry, melon mambo (all SU!)
ink: basic black, rich razzleberry, dusty durango, crusged curry, melon mambo (all classic, SU!)
stamps: SU! I {Heart} Hearts, SU! Grateful Greetings (not available anymore)
Other: night and day speciality dsp (SU! not available anymore); 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon (SU!)


That last thing I had to do was make hearts for the guests so my could write their names on them.  Unfortunatey I don't have any pictures of them, but I used my Cricut to cut them out, sprayed the red cardsock with some Glimmer Mist, and then layered that on black cardstock.  I was so happy I was able to help my mom out and I hope I get more opportunities like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin