Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Winter Wonderland Valentine

I mentioned a while back that I had to make my mom some little Valentine's Day cards to give to her guests at the B&B, and since her theme is a winter wonderland Valentine's, I made he some snowflakes as well.  I'm sharing today what I made for her.

















This is the mini card, and she will put these in the guest rooms.
Details (most products used here are SU unless otherwise noted):
Base - 4"x3" Bashful Blue cardstock
Layer - 3 7/8" x 2 7/8" Night of Navy cardstock
embossed snowflakes - Serene Snowflakes set, versamark, Ranger Bridal Tinsel embossing powder
Ribbon - Real Red 5/8" satin
Label on front - decorative label punch in bashful blue; wide oval punch in night of navy then embossed with vintage wallpaper embossing folder; I {heart} hearts stamp set, stamped in real red, then punched out with heart to heart punch.  This label is then attached to the card using dimensionals.

















Inside the heart is stamped with I {heart} hearts stamp set in bashful blue ink, but stamped off once and then stamped on the inside.  The quote is from Occasional Quotes.

















I made these snowflakes using my Cricut and the When It's Cold Outside cartridge.  I made 4 different snowflakes in 3 different sizes: 2.5", 3", and 3.5"  They are double sided so the outside snowflake it cut with just plain white cardstock, and the inside is bashful blue cardstock.  My mom will hang these from the ceiling in the dining room and throughout the lobby, along with some hearts that I made her last year.  I hope she takes pictures, I would love to see it all put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin