Monday, February 7, 2011

Tip for Today

I'm still trying to catch up on some stuff and I end up catching a cold!  I've been slacking on some of my goals I wanted to achieve this year, and I'm pretty sure I need a lesson in time management. 

For now I have a small little tip.  I'm sure others do it this way too, but sometimes I can be a little slow in figuring these things out for myself!  So how many people get frustrated with their paper trimmer cutting crooked?  Yup, me too!  Well, one day I was sitting there trying to figure out what could be possibly causing this problem.  I have 2 different kinds of trimmers and they both were cutting crooked!  As I was cutting a piece of paper, I noticed that as soon as I started to slide the blade down, my paper shifted.

Let me try to explain in pictures:
When you have the paper at the top of the trimmer and you slide the blade from the top down, it can very slightly push the paper to the left.  Yes, even when I hold down the paper, for some reason it still moves it very slightly, enough to notice that there was a difference in size from the top of the paper to the bottom.  I wondered if it was because there wasn't anything at the bottom of the paper to hold it in place.










So I thought what if I cut from the bottom going up?  If I did this, then the paper would be held against the lip at the top of the trimmer and it might keep the paper in place while I cut the paper.  Well, it worked!  With having that paper against that little ridge, it kept it in place while I pushed the blade through the paper.











It also works if you put the paper at the bottom of the trimmer (if there is a lip there also) and then cut from the top to the bottom.  As long as there is something that prevent the paper from slipping to the side while you cut it.














Since I've been doing it this way I haven't gotten any crooked cuts and my frustration level against paper trimmers is way down!

Now if somebody can give me some tips on how to stop getting these huge spaces in my blog posts, my frustration with blogger will go down as well! haha  What am I missing???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin