Monday, July 6, 2009

A Very Somber 4th of July

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I had all intentions on sharing more stuff I brought with me, but I guess I haven't been "in the mood"

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. Here on Ocracoke we had a horrible tragedy and I just feel so sad. The morning of the 4th the truck that was carrying the fireworks for that night's show exploded. My mom's house shook and the sound was so loud, we had no idea what it was at first. When we went outside we saw a huge plume of white smoke up in the air, almost like a mushroom cloud of smoke. 1 person died at the scene, 3 others at the hospital and 1 is in fair condition. All 5 victims were from the pyrotechnics company. 2 local fire fighters were being treated for smoke inhalation and exhaustion, but they have been released from the hospital.

I can't help but feel so sad right now. Those people were just doing their jobs and were trying to set up a great event for everyone to see. My heart goes out to their families and friends. All these thoughts have been in my head and I just needed to get them out. I will be back soon with more creative things to share, but thanks for letting me talk about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin