Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Organization: Ink Pad Storage

In my never ending process of organization, I thought I would share the latest way I store my ink pads. This method may change after a while when I need to move things around again, but for now this way is working for me.


These are just the 8 1/2x11 sterilite drawers I got from Wal-Mart. Each type of ink pad has its own drawer: 1)dye inks, 2)distress inks, 3)chalk inks, 4)slow drying pigment inks, 5)fast drying pigment inks (like Brilliance), and 6)craft inks and StazOn (which is currently empty at the moment.

I usually buy the little cat's eye or cubes if I can because that way it's more economical to be able to have more colors and it's also easier for me to store. These drawers sit on a shelf, which is behind where I work.

This one is my dye inks:

This is my distress inks:

I am still so confused as to what kind of inks to store upside down, so I just store all of them upside down. The only thing I hate about this is that you can't see the color of the ink pad. The Distress Inks have the name written on the bottom, which is a big help, though.

These are my chalk inks:
What I am going to try to do is stamp a small circle and then punch it out, try to write the color name on it and attach it to the bottom of the ink pads. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

I used to store my ink pads in hard plastic pencil type cases I got at Staples, but I outgrew that. I rearranged all my other stuff to make room for this new ink pad storage set up. So far it's working! But I have a small space and I am constantly having to re-organize everything in order to make the most of my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin